Who doesn’t need a bug zapper when insects are troubling you indoors and outdoors. These fly shockers effectively eliminate different pests such as bugs, mosquitos, and other nuisance flying insects. The UV rays emanated by the Zapper lure the insects to a high voltage grid where they are electrocuted. Keeping your bug zapper in good condition will ensure that they continue to perform at optimal levels. For that here is our detailed guide on how to clean bug zapper.
Things Required To Clean Bug Zapper
Only a few things in your affinity will solve the common problem in the proper functioning of your life saver device. These things include-
- Garbage can( large if available)
- Liner Bag
- Face covering Mask
- Hand Gloves
- Damp towel
- Dry vacuum
- Small Toothbrush
- Hairdryer or leaf blower (optional)
How to Clean Bug Zapper?
People might clean their Bug zapper more frequently during the insect season. Follow the steps to hasten the cleaning process.
- Gather all the tools, Cover your face with a mask and wear gloves for safety.
- Firstly, always remember to clear the debris of dead insects before the trash accumulates.
- Regular clearance of waste will keep the working of the Zapper at peak power.
- Before you begin cleaning a bug zapper, don’t forget to unplug the device from the power source.
- After unplugging, unscrew the four points present at the bottom of the Zapper.
- After opening, tap on the unit so that all debris on bug zapper parts falls from it.
- Remove the collection tray from the bottom. You can use a hairdryer and vacuum to properly clean the insect from the tray.
- Optional- Mop the tray with a damp towel. For damping, prefer using white vinegar.
- As soon as the cleaning is finished, again reassemble all the nuts of the door and secure it.
Frequently check your collection tray for debris or dead bugs to decide whether you need to clean your Zapper or not.
Troubleshooting Bug Zapper
Light is the main component inside an electric bug zapper; therefore, it’s important to keep a check on that. If there’s a problem with lighting, refer to the product guide and find the location of the main circuit. Replace the fuse if trouble is located.
Adjustment of Grid Wires
If there’s a spark between the wires, either manually align the wires or visit the electrician for safety purposes.
Frequent Bulb Change
If your bulb lighting no longer attracts the insect, it’s better to replace them. Turn off and unplug the instrument to replace the bulb. First, detach the bulb retainer and bulb from the socket and replace the old bulb with a new one.
Cleaning of the Grid
Many times, the dead insect sticks to the grid’s wires. This decreases the voltage and power of the wires, making them slow. Clean the wires with a soft and dry brush or cloth smoothly. Try to avoid using any liquid for cleaning the wires. The liquids are only helpful while cleaning the collection tray.
Ans: Try hanging a bug zapper at the front door if it is a trap for mosquitoes. If bug zapper is for inside the house to kill flies then place it near food.
Ans: If your place has too many bugs it is better to keep it 24/7 on. Ocassional using of bug zapper is enough if there are les bugs around your place.
The bug zapper might be a costly expenditure for many of you out there. However, others might believe that this spending would be better to protect themselves from insect bites in the long run. Therefore, to reap the benefits of Zapper for a longer period, clean them properly.