Champion Power Equipment 100307 3500W Portable Generator
- Features Volt Guard which protects against power surges
- It uses Cold Start Technology to ease the usage even in cold weather
- This Dual fuel generator is quiet with a 224c engine
Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter
- Comes with low oil shut-off sensor for extra safety
- Operates on either gasoline or propane and has convenient electric start
- Ensures ultra-quiet operation with noise level of 59 dBA
WEN GN4500 4500-Watt Portable Generator
- Comes with 4-gal fuel tank which provides a runtime of up to 13 hours
- Features 212cc 4-stroke engine, automatic voltage regulator
- Its Digital data meter shows frequency, voltage and runtime
Do you often go on camping trips or own a recreational vehicle for an outing? Do you require emergency power more often for your job site and homes? My dear readers, if these are your issues, there is a legitimate need to buy an RV-ready generator. A portable generator will help you to get a power supply at any place 24×7. Apart from delivering power for heavy appliances, it is also suggested that vulnerable electronics devices like your smartphone, laptop, tablet, etc., can also rely on.
An RV generator always has your back from emergency backup to camping, recreational vehicles, and workplace. A generator gives the best solution for backup power during any emergency or while travelling. With a longest lasting generator, you can connect many essential items you need in a power outlet: refrigerator, furnace blower, fan, computer, smartphone, TV, lights, fan, and many more. So, fasten your seat belt because we are ready to take off on the best RV generators for sale in the market.
Top 13 Best RV Generators
- Best Overall: Champion 3500-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Generator
- Ultra-quiet: Champion Power Equipment 100263 3400W Inverter Generator
- Lightweight: WEN GN4500 RV-Ready Portable Generator
- Best 4000 Watt Unit: Champion 100574 4000W Generator
- Value for Money: DuroMax XP4400E RV Grade Gas Generator
- Best Pick with Electric Start: Champion 3800W Dual Fuel Generator
- Highly Efficient: Generac GP3500iO PowerRush
- Most Compact Choice: Champion 100692 2000-watt Portable Generator
- Powerful Choice: DuroMax XP12000EH Home Back Up
- Convenient: A-iPower PPS300L Battery Backup
- Best Dual Fuel: Westinghouse WGen9500DF Power Equipment
- Gas Powered: YAMAHA EF2000iSv2 Portable Inverter
- Versatile: WEN 56200i Inverter Generator
1. Champion 100307 Gasoline or Propane RV Generator
Champion Power Equipment 100307 RV Ready Generator is a dual fuel unit with a 224cc engine that runs on gasoline or propane directly from the box. It has up to 9 hours of run time on gasoline or 10.5 hours on propane. The generator features a low oil shut-off sensor and can hold 0.6 quarts of oil. We found it to be very powerful, with 4375 starting watts and 3500 running watts. What is impressive is its Volt Guard technology that acts as a protector from power overloads. Another important feature we experienced is a 3-mode Intelligauge that allows you to keep track of voltage, frequency (hertz), and running time hours to monitor the power output and maintenance intervals easily.
This travel trailer generator is delivered to you with a Champion 3500-watt dual fuel portable generator and an LPG hose with a regulator. We love that it is highly portable and you can use it for home, work, or campsite. With a variety of its applications, you can use this unit at power outages, for DIY projects or recreational vehicles (RV), at events, or remote work sites as well. The generator produces a noise level of 68 dBA with EPA certification. This model also exhibits cold start technology that helps you to start your engine easily and quickly. Champion Power Equipment 100307 3500-watt dual fuel RV Ready portable generator is the best generator for RV air conditioner that provides you the best combination of power and versatility.
- Showcases cold start technology to make it start quickly even in a cold environment.
- Portable to use at multiple places
- Has a noise level of 68 dBA, which can be heard from 23 feet
- Equipped with volt guard to safeguard against power surges
- Has the power to run a 15,000 BTU RV air conditioner
- The generator features dual fuel with a 224c engine
2. Champion Power Equipment 100263 Quiet RV Generator
This is the second Champion model in our best RV generator list because this brand manufactures every model with unique features. Champion Power Equipment Inverter Generator is a dual fuel generator with a 192cc engine that can run with gasoline and propane. With both types of fuel, there is a different time frame for its operation. In addition, this model features a low oil shut-off sensor that can hold 0.6 quarts of oil. The best part we experienced about this RV inverter generator is its smart economy mode. This decreases electrical load and super-quiet operation, which produces 59 dBA, similar to noise level of normal conversation.
This ultra-quiet RV generator found a quick clip-on connection that helps increase power output by connecting up to two 2800 watts or higher inverters. The RV generator has 3400 starting watts and a 3100 running watts. It has a lightweight body with a wheel kit and is highly portable, weighing less than 99 lb. So, we find it an ideal choice for RVs, cabins, campsites, and more. The generator is easily accessible with controlling buttons and an electric start, including a 3-position ignition switch. Along with the generator, you will receive 120V RV, 12V DC automotive-style outlet, propane hose, dual USB adapter, and a built-in regulator. So, whether using it as a backup power source, tailgating, RVs, or camping, Champion inverter generators provide better fuel economy and extended engine life.
- The advanced technology of touch start includes push-button and smart charger
- Built with a foldaway handle for easy transportation and storage
- Includes cold start technology for a quick start in cold weather
- Designed with low oil shut-off for extra safety
- Has dual fuel, which runs on gas or propane
- Super quiet operation with 59 dB
3. WEN 4500-Watt RV-Ready Portable Camper Generator
WEN 4500-Watt RV-Ready Portable Generator is one of most efficient generators, with 4500 starting watts and 3600 running watts. A 212cc OHV 4-stroke engine with 4 gallons of fuel tank gives a runtime of up to 13 hours if half-loaded. We were impressed by its powerful and reliable engine. While using it, we find it very easy to hook up a 120V 30A TT-30R outlet with a recreational vehicle (RV). Another magnificent feature we acknowledged is a digital display meter. This helps you monitor the generator’s output by displaying session runtime, total runtime, voltage, and frequency. Other essential features include an automatic voltage regulator, low-oil shutdown, and a spark arrestor.
This best built in RV generator has a portable and compact design that requires minimal space at your place. It is delivered to your place with 4 standard household duplex outlets, 1 RV outlet, and 1 three-prong transfer switch. You can also purchase WEN GNA410 wheel and handle kit, making it easy to transport and store. So, you can easily carry it at your home, job site, camping, or for RVs. So, next time if any emergency arises, you know, you have to switch on your WEN 4500-watt RV-ready portable generator for an efficient runtime and reliable performance.
- Has a powerful 4-stroke engine to generate up to 4500 watts of power
- Contains a fuel tank with a capacity of holding 4 gallons of gasoline
- Features a digital display meter to monitor the output
- Backed with 2 years of the warranty period
- Built with compact and portable design
4. Champion 100574 4000 Watt Digital Inverter Generator for RV
This is true that we love champion when it comes to the best RV generators. Champion Power Equipment RV Ready Digital Hybrid Inverter Generator is a newfangled inverter in the market with multiple advanced features. This RV generator has a dual-fuel engine that can be operated via gasoline or propane. What makes this mode better than others is it is smaller, quieter, and lighter. It has a 0.6-quart oil capacity and a low oil shut-off sensor which helps to save your fuel and generate efficient runtime. We like that this Champion model has a fuel selector dial which allows you to easily switch between the fuels with a quick turn of a dialer. The 224cc engine delivers 4000 starting watts and 3500 running watts.
This 4000 watt RV generator has an RV connection, two household connections, and a DC outlet with a dual USB adapter. So, you can use this small quiet generator for camping for other projects like RVs, home backup, or tailgating. If your power consumption is high, you can also increase the power output by connecting up to two 2800 watts or higher inverter or digital hybrids. We love that it produces clean power with low THD, which is 3% or less. This makes sure that you can connect your sensitive electronics as well. So, Champion power equipment RV ready digital hybrid inverter generator is the best choice for power supply with 50% quieter and 20% lighter when compared with another conventional 3500-watt generator.
- Equipped with a 224cc Champion engine for powerful performance
- Easy to use with a quick touch panel that controls the generator
- Super quiet operation with excellent run time
- Features economy mode that helps save fuel
- Operates on dual fuel: gasoline or propane
- Exhibits advanced hybrid design
5. DuroMax XP4400E RV Grade Small Gas Generator
DuroMax XP4400E 7-HP RV Grade Gas Generator is a well-known product for its advanced technology. We consider it the best inverter generator for RV as it has endless uses. It is a great power backup for any camping site for you to enjoy stress-free. This gas generator has a 7 HP 4-stroke OHV single fuel engine with an air cooling system. This powerful engine can last for about 12 hours with a 50% load. The DuroMax 4400 watts includes an RV grade gas generator, 1 spark plug wrench, 1 oil funnel, tools kit, DC charging cables, wheel & handle kit, and an instruction manual in a box.
The feature that we love about this camper trailer generator is the electric key start. You don’t need to plug in a generator. This can be easily started by just turning on the switch. Another feature of the best portable generator for RV camping is a wheel kit with a pull handle. Also, the oil funnel in the box gives a comfortable angle to pour oil and minimizes oil wastage. We find it to be very convenient for easy transportation and installation. This model gives full justice to its name because it is constructed with metal and copper winding all over. So, The DuroMax XP4400E 4400 watts 7-HP RV grade gas generator with an electric start can be your ideal choice with more power and a longer lifespan to handle your heavy loads.
- Built with surge arrest technology that helps to protect our electrical devices
- Well-built with rugged and durable metal frame and copper winding
- Powerful 212cc engine with single fuel and MX2 power booster
- Equipped with the large capacity of a 3.96 gallons gas tank
- Easy to transport with a wheel and pull handle
- Features voltmeter and low oil sensor
6. Champion Power Equipment 76533 Dual Fuel RV Generator
Champion power equipment 76533 dual fuel generator is packed with advanced technology that makes it the best generator for travel trailer. The 224cc engine can be operated via gasoline or propane. It provides up to 9 hours of run time with gasoline and 10.5 hours as a propane generator. While using, we find patented fuel selector switches to be very functional in changing fuel types easily and safely. Another feature is the push-button for electric start. This means the generator is also battery-operated for easy Touch Start, which includes an internal battery that charges the battery as the generator does.
The 76533 Champion generator with 30 AMP RV plug is sufficient to start and run a 15,000 BTU RV air conditioner. We love many other important features about this model, like a volt guard and pre-installed surge protector, which protect your electrical appliances from any voltage fluctuation. On the other hand, cold start technology allows you to start your generator easily in a cold environment. To minimize the usage of oil, Champion provides an automatic low oil shut-off sensor. Next up, we have an exceptional feature of this brand called Intelligauge, which helps you track the maintenance intervals and monitor the power output. So, consider buying a Champion dual fuel RV ready portable generator with all the extraordinary features and 3 year limited warranty.
- The advanced technology of Intelligauge to easily monitor the power output
- The single-engine features dual-fuel types: gasoline and propane
- Becomes highly portable with folding hands and never-flat tires
- Produces a noise level of 68 Db when heard from 23 feet
- Comes with a three-year limited warranty period
- Equipped with electric and recoil start
7. Generac GP3500iO RV Ready Quiet Generator for Camper
Generac GP3500iO open frame RV ready inverter generator is another best generator for camping, RV, and powering your job sites. There are various features that this brand has to offer to its valuable customers. According to manufacturers, it is 50% quieter and 25% lighter than other camper generators. We are also second to their claim. The inverter works great for noise-sensitive environments and is highly portable at same time. It is also equipped with patented PowerRush technology which means the generator produces 50% more starting capacity for motor-driven equipment and has more efficient power while using less fuel.
Another technology that we experienced is true power technology. This helps to deliver clean power for your sensitive electronics that keep them safe. You can easily access this quietest generator for RV camping with a simple-to-use dial. The PowerDial offers start/run/stop functions that you can comfortably turn around to operate. Apart from being used as the inverter generator, you can use it as a smartphone charger. 2 USB outlets allow you to charge your smartphones, tablets, and other electronics. It can also efficiently run 15,000 BTU RV air conditioners. So, Generac GP3500iO open frame RV ready inverter generator can be your ideal portable solution for power backup.
- Advanced true power technology to provide clean power to electronics
- Can also be used as a smartphone and other electronic devices charger
- Has a PowerDial to easily access the generator with various functions
- Equipped with PowerRush technology for 50% more capacity
- A lightweight body which makes it highly portable
- 50% quieter operation for noise-sensitive areas
8. Champion Power Equipment 100692 Small RV Generator
The Champion power equipment portable inverter generator can be a perfect choice when it comes to providing portable power backup for a few basics. It weighs 39.5 pounds and is the lightest generator amongst other small generators for camping available in the market. The 79cc engine has a capacity of 2000 starting watts and 1700 running watts for 11.5 hours. The inverter has a quiet operation making sound of 58 dBA from 23 feet with cold start technology to operate in cold weather quickly. It includes two household outlets, a DC automotive-style outlet, and a USB adapter. Also, you will be provided with your full-assembled generator and a built-in carrying handle that can make your maneuvering easy.
This small RV generator is a perfect model for small trips, camping, or RVs. But at the same, we love that it provides a parallel ready kit. This means a separately sold parallel kit gives you an option to connect your inverter with another Champion 2000-watt inverter to double your power output and conveniently be used for many electrical devices. The clean power technology in this model helps to provide clean power, which has 3% less than THD, to keep your sensitive electronics safe. To contribute towards a green and clean environment, the Champion provides a smart economy mode that helps save more fuel and, as a result, enhances the engine life.
- Champion support of 3 years warranty and lifetime technical support
- It can be connected to a parallel ready inverter for double power
- Fully assembled and built with handles for easy transportation
- Has an ultra-light body weight of 39.5 pounds only
- Features economy mode to ensure fuel saving
- Provides clean power to sensitive electronics
9. DuroMax XP12000EH 12000-Watt 50 Amp Generator for RV
DuroMax XP12000EH Generator is known as “The Beast” because of its ability to handle heavy loads with 12000 starting watts. It provides the most powerful engine with robust performance amongst all the portable generators for camping, which we have listed above. This monster model is equipped with maximum power operating from both 120V and 240V simultaneously. The 457cc OHV engine supports you to provide you the power similar to what standby generators provide but in a portable manner. At the same time, it is easy to transport it with a handle kit and rugged solid-fill tires. It also provides you the freedom to choose between two types of fuel: gasoline or propane. This unit can provide power to the refrigerator, home air conditioner, and other high amperage electrical appliances.
This generator with a 50 AMP RV plug for heavy loads also provides two household 20AMP outlets, one twist-lock outlet, and one 30AMP outlet. The DuroMax XP12000EH panel has many other advanced features that we like about it. It contains key start, low oil alert, idle control, circuit breaker, voltmeter, and MX2 switch to exactly double the power. It is well-built with all-metal construction and copper winding all over. Next up, we have an oversized noise-reducing muffler and an in-built spark arrestor for quiet and smooth operation. DuroMax XP12000EH Generator with electric key start is the truck camper generator to meet all your high-powering demands.
- Handle kits, and solid-fill tires make the easy transportation of generators
- Powered by a 457cc OHV 4-stroke engine for robust performance
- Helps to double the volt amperage with the MX2 switch feature
- Noise reducer and built-in start arrestor help to operate quietly
- Well-structured body with all copper winding
- Operates on dual fuel: gasoline and propane
10. A-iPower PPS300L Portable Power Station
A-iPower PPS300L Portable Power Station is one of the best small camp generators powered by a lithium-ion battery pack. This mini-size inverter is a great option for both outdoor and indoor activities. It has a light body weight which is just 9lbs. We love its super portability and easy-to-use application. Pure sine wave technology can securely provide power to sensitive electronic devices like smartphones, tablets, computers, speakers, and more. The 278 wattages will provide your long-lasting and noiseless power output whenever and wherever you need it. For multiple connections, iPower provides 3 USB ports, one DC outlet, and two AC outlets.
Another benefit we experienced while using it: you can easily recharge this power station with an AC adapter or even a compatible solar panel. The A-iPower makes sure that the inverter operates with zero fumes and silent operation. So, you can safely place it inside your house or outside during any emergency or adventure trip. These small gas generators always make your job easy to provide 24×7 extra power. So, make sure to add your A-iPower PPS300L Portable Power Station for an extra power source to your next outdoor adventurous trip.
- Powered by a lithium-ion battery pack which can be recharged via AC adapter
- Features pure sine technology to minimize the noise level
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors
- Lightweight unit weighing just 9lbs
11. Westinghouse WGen9500DF RV Ready Portable Generator
Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment is a dual fuel generator to give you the freedom to choose between gasoline and propane. We love the fact that it is built with a heavy-duty engine and a durable body. The 457cc 4-stroke OHV engine is manufactured with a long-lasting cast iron sleeve and can operate for 12 hours. There are 9500/8500 running watts and 12500/11200 peak watts of this inverter generator with electric and recoil start. Also, we noticed that we could safely switch between the fuels even when your generator is working. With a simple electric start key fob, you can start your generator with a push of a button from a distance of 260 feet. This quiet generator for camper is designed with extra power for your electronic devices.
This product includes one transfer switch, two household receptacles, a 12V battery charger, remote start key fob, tool kit, user manual, oil, and funnel. And the best part is all the outlets have rubber covers for extra safety. This model offers extra features like transfer switch ready. The twist-lock outlet helps to tie your generator into your home via a transfer switch. Next, there is an automatic low oil shutoff feature and built-in fuel gauge, which helps save fuel and use and maintain with a digital hour meter easily. So, Westinghouse WGen9500DF RV Ready Portable Generator is the perfect alternative for dependable power to all your kitchen appliances and home essentials with an array of outlet types.
- Operates heavy-duty appliances with robust engines and durable cast sleeves
- The electric start key fob helps to start the generator from a distance
- Handle kit with never-flat wheels for easy transportation
- Contains a comprehensive control panel for easy access
- Dual fuel type with an automatic low oil shutdown
- Features transfer switch ready with electric start
12. Yamaha EF2000iSv2 Gas Powered RV Ready Generator
Yamaha EF2000iSv2 inverter generator has advanced programming providing power to a wide range of electrical devices for a much longer timer. Weighing less than 45 pounds and with an extra-large handle, it is lightweight and compact to store and transport. This EF2000iSv2 is an upgraded version with many sophisticated features missing in many camping generators for sale. It has new advanced programming, making it suitable for many devices, from sensitive to heavy-load devices. The pulse width modulation and sine pure wave technology ensure you prevent voltage fluctuation and provide clean plus high-quality power. Another feature we enjoyed about it is smart throttle which is a load-sensing RPM. And readers, this helps to maintain efficiency of fuel and reduces noise. Also, it automatically adjusts engine speed according to load input.
Also, Yamaha EF2000iSv2 makes sure that you never go short of power. You can conveniently connect two generators to deliver double power. We also experienced its quiet operation because of a USFS-approved spark arrestor that reduces sound and makes operation smooth. It is also equipped with an oil watch warning system to reduce damage due to low oil and overload cases. Yamaha gives 100% assurance of an efficient and powerful OHV engine, including steel camshaft, valve train components, and cast iron cylinder liner. Yamaha EF2000iSv2 portable inverter generator is built with advanced programming to provide you world-class dependability and quality.
- Auto-decompression system ensures an easy start by reducing compression
- Highly durable and powerful with an OHV engine for a longer life span
- Helps to maintain voltage stability with pulse width modulation
- The oil watch warning system helps to prevent oil damage
- Gives an option of twin tech parallel generator function
- Features pure sine wave for the clean utility of power
13. WEN 56200i Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator
WEN 56200i gas-powered portable inverter generator is another best model to provide portable power at ease. It is one of the clean and quiet generators for hunting, camping, tailgating, and many more adventurous activities. It is built with a 79.77cc 4-stroke engine for a reliable power supply. Also, it is extremely quiet, which is similar to the sound of normal conversation. Apart from delivering non-invasive power, it helps to save your money. The eco-mode feature ensures to automatically adjust power consumption by reducing futile fuel usage. Another important feature we found that now has become common in many top rated portable generator. You can double power by connecting it to another WEN generator or particular outlet with help of a WEN parallel kit.
Next up, we like its limited harmful distortion, under 0.3% at no load and 1.2% at full load. This makes WEN 56200i safe for sensitive electronics like smartphones, laptops, tablets, etc. Its compact and lightweight design with a carrying handle helps you lift your generator with ease from one place to another. This generator is fully packed with two 3-prong receptacles, one DC receptacle, and one USB port. It has an acceptable noise level of 53 dB. So, next time if you wish to have reliable power, always remember WEN 56200i gas-powered portable inverter generator.
- Low automatic shutdown reduces the chance of damaging the device
- Backed with a 2-year warranty with nationwide networks and services
- The eco-mode feature helps to automatically adjust the fuel level
- Can double your power by connecting two WEN generators
- Super-quiet operation by a 4-stroke engine
- Built with compact and lightweight design
Buying Guide for Best RV Generator
For your reference, we have come up with our list of features of best RV generators. According to the latest portable generator review, the above-mentioned products are considered the best budget generator with premium features. But with your application of generator and other specifications, you can find your best model to cater to your needs to fullest. Also, you must have general knowledge about RV generators and some factors before buying yours.
Generator vs. Inverter
A generator is an electrical device that transmits power to electrical devices like fans, light, AC, recreational vehicles, refrigerators, and many more. At the same time, an inverter is an electronic device that works as a power adapter to convert direct current and alternating current. The generator is mainly used for the power distribution of heavy appliances. The inverter is used to power low-power home appliances to prevent the damaging of appliances from sudden power cuts.
What is an RV Generator? How does it work?
An RV generator is an electrical device that helps to either store energy inside your RV generator or using a direct plug-in for electrical appliances. Most RV generators are either fueled by gasoline or propane or are battery-powered. You can either own a built-in RV generator or can connect your RV with a portable generator. It works by converting mechanical energy from fuel type into electrical energy to run the appliances.
What size Generator for RV?
What size of generator you need for your RV depends upon the size of your recreational vehicle and its number of appliances. And by the size of the RV, we meant to know how much power you need. Keeping in mind appliances with compressors like a refrigerator, AC, microwave, coffee maker, etc., may require you to buy a minimum of 2000 running watts RV generator.
How to start RV Generator?
There are simple, easy-to-do steps to start your RV generator.
- Open box and securely access inverter.
- Add oil into the inverter.
- Take an inverter in open space.
- Add gasoline or connect to a prone supply.
- Start the inverter with a switch.
- Plugin equipment you wish to operate via a generator.
Also, you must read the manual before starting your RV generator.
What is a Generator used for in an RV?
A generator is used for multiple purposes like:
- The best and prime benefit of the generator is to be used as a power backup source at your home or job site.
- It can be easily used to power your appliances in a recreational vehicle or during any adventurous outdoor activities.
- It can also be used to prevent any damage to sensitive electrical devices from abrupt power cuts.
- Generators turned out to be highly beneficial when organizing any event or any family function to celebrate.
How to charge RV battery with Generator?
If you wish to charge your RV battery with a generator, make sure to buy a generator with pure sine waves. To charge your RV battery:
- Firstly, be aware of the amount of charge required.
- Plugin the generator with your RV battery and double-check it.
- It is advisable to start with the lowest charge rate and then gradually increase to protect your battery.
- Also, we prefer to suggest you turn off all the appliances in your RV while charging.
- In normal conditions, it may take up to 2 hours to 4 hours, depending upon the size of your RV.
RV Bumper Rack for Generator
The RV bumper rack makes it incredibly easy to carry and transport your generators. It is built with highly durable material to mount and store safely. This also helps to create an extra space to either place your appliance or an extra generator. RV bumper rack is highly beneficial for a bike rack, boat trailer, travel trailer, cargo carrier, or behind your recreational vehicles.
RV Generator Exhaust Extension
An exhaust extension is useful to exhaust heat and fumes from the bottom of your RV to the top and let them disperse off. It helps to provide fresh and clean air around your GV generator. At the same time, it reduces the noise during its operation. You can buy an RV generator exhaust extension from Amazon or can also use a homemade exhaust extension.
RV Generator Enclosure
The RV generator enclosure performs a vital function for portable generators. There are different types of enclosures like weather-protective, noise protective, and walk-in enclosures with different benefits. This closed protective, durable box keeps your generator and its equipment safe and secure from the outside environment when not in use. Nowadays, there are several well-built, and beautifully designed generator enclosures available in the market.
Who makes the best RV Generator?
Cummins Onan is known for all types of RV generators with world-class quality. It designs heavy-duty as well as modern generators to cater to the needs of all its customers. This brand is especially known for noise reduction and lessens vibrating levels. Over producing for 100 years, the Cummins Onan has proved itself to match the standards of reliability and innovation from time and again.
Honda offers good quality RV generators with a lightweight but strong frame. Various generators can be used as a home backup, recreation, and commercial application. They are engineered with innovation and technology by qualified engineers. This brand is the most trusted brand among its customers for after-sales services as well.
Generac Inc. was founded in 1959 and built the first cost-effective home generators. It is one of the leading brands for portable, industrial, residential, and recreational vehicle generators. Generac RV generator is constantly built with upcoming-latest technologies to suit all kinds of needs. The brand always promises to provide you with efficient and reliable power solutions.
The Champion is one of the leading manufacturers in the market for manufacturing power generation equipment. With the best camping generator reviews from its customers, it exhibits advanced and durable RV generators. Champion products draw the standard of powerful performance as work, play, and home power sources for other similar brands in the market.
Propane Generator for RV
Propane generator for RV is known to last longer than other fuel types. You need to fill your propane liquid in a tank to run your appliances. Propane is a “clean fuel” and causes less harm to the environment. However, it produces less than 10% power but reduces many issues like gumming of the carburetor. Also, it requires less maintenance and is more cost-friendly as compared to gas and diesel generators.
RV Diesel Generator
RV diesel generator produces greater power as compared to both propane and gasoline generators. Apart from being a bit expensive, the biggest disadvantage is the bad odor caused while diesel is fuel for the generator. It enables great efficient power and is a clean fuel as well. Similarly, a diesel RV generator requires less maintenance to run your recreational vehicle.
RV Gas Generator
RV gas generator is the oldest fuel type for generators. Gas generators are the most portable and compact in the market. It is a cheap fuel but causes much damage to the environment by releasing larger carbon footprints. Also, ignoring the maintenance of gas generators may cause problems like gumming of the carburetor.
What type of fuel is best for Recreational Vehicle Generators?
For recreational vehicles, it is advisable to look for a generator that not only provides greater efficient power but has good mileage to serve. For example, a diesel RV generator gives better mileage than a gas generator. Also, it can take heavier loads than many better-powered RV generators fail to take. Also, it is more fuel-efficient and doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket on your outdoor family trips.
Tips to care for new RV Generator
Few tips for caring for a new RV generator are:
- We advise you to regularly maintain your generator, keep an eye on your fuel tank, and periodically replace the oil.
- In addition to this, you should also check and replace the air filter. Keep your generator clean for effective performance by using a damp cloth and pressurized air to remove dirt.
- It is always a great thing to cover the RV generator when not in use.
What to look for in an RV Generator?
Here are a few main considerations to take into account before buying a perfect RV generator. These are the minimum things to know about the generator before buying one.
The first and foremost thing to choose is to buy which type of generator. A solar generator for RV is quiet as a monastery and is the most renewable fuel. But it can’t afford to take heavy loads. The propane generator is cheaper, cleaner, and avoids gumming up issues. A diesel generator gives better mileage to your RV. A wind generator for RV is both environment and cost-friendly but highly depends on the wind, which may damage due to bad weather conditions. So, analyze the pros and cons of various types and choose wisely.
The next and important thing to look for is the output of the power of the generator you are buying. You must know the maximum load your generator can take. All the appliances you wish to run should match the limit of the generator. It also depends on whether you wish to use it for industrial, household, or camping purposes.
Overhead Valve (OHV) and Cast Iron Sleeve (CIS) Engine
The two most important factors to look for in an RV engine are the overhead valve and cast iron sleeve. Engines with OHV have simple operations and low emission levels. And cast iron sleeve lining in the engine ensures high durability to make your generator last long. But an OHV engine is more expensive than other engines. So make sure to decide between buying an engine with or with an overhead valve and cast iron sleeve.
It is always advisable to buy a dual fuel RV generator. In emergencies, you don’t have to worry about pouring the fresh gasoline and can simply attach your propane hose, which has a long stable shelf life. Another advantage of the dual-fuel type is that gasoline is an original fuel option, but propane makes it long-lasting and won’t gum up or damage the carburetor. So, with dual fuel types, you can switch between the two.
Portability and Durability
A generator must be highly durable and, at the same time, should be portable to carry and transport. You should look for a well-built generator with strong material construction. Sometimes durability comprises the feature of portability. So, buy a handle kit to get your portable power wherever you wish to.
Other important features to look for are:
- Low Oil Shut-off: This helps to minimize fuel wastage and avoid damaging the engine.
- Volt Guard: To prevent the damage of appliances from sudden power surges, this feature turns out to be essential.
- Double Power Output: It gives an option to connect a generator with another model to double the power supply.
- Pure Sine Waves: This feature is crucial to providing clean and green fuel to reduce environmental harm.
- Cold Start Technology: The technology gives a quick and easy start in cold weather.
Frequently Ask Question
Q.What is the best generator for an RV?
Besides all the advantages and disadvantages, the Champion Power Equipment 100307 RV Ready Generator is the best generator for RV.
Q. What size generator for 30 Amp RV?
A minimum of 3600 watts generator is recommended for 50 AMP RV.
Q. What size generator for 50 Amp RV?
A minimum of 12000 watts generator is recommended for 50 AMP RV.
Q. Do travel trailers have a generator?
Usually, travel trailers do not come with a built-in generator.
Q. How much fuel does an RV generator use?
A gas RV generator can hold and use between 1-10 gallons of fuel. A propane RV generator uses 5-20 gallons of a fuel tank.
Q. How many watts does the RV air conditioner use?
A 5,000-10,000 BTU RV air conditioner requires 1100-2000 watts. And a 10,000-15,000 BTU RV air conditioner requires 2000-4000 watts.
Q. How many watt generator to run RV AC?
A minimum of a 2000-watt generator is sufficient to run your RV AC.
With the many best generators for money, you can easily make the right decision by going through our list and a buying guide. So, now you don’t have to worry about the power going out. The solution of providing power to anyone and anywhere is readily available to you. Owning a generator is a convenient and cost-effective solution for power outages and other emergencies. There are many cheap generators for sale in the market for you to pick from. A good quality generator will always help you provide portable power anywhere and anytime, from emergency backup to recreational activities. So, next time when you come up with your exciting family trip, don’t forget to carry a portable RV generator.