There are a lot of people who love the company of cute little pets in their houses. While the most common pets are dogs, cats and rabbits, we can not dismiss the fact that hamsters are equally adorable as favourites. They are tiny, fluffy animals that need a certain set of requirements to live in our house. Unlike dogs and cats, you cannot keep small animals open, roaming around in your house. So hamster habitats are the likeliest solution in case you own a hamster for yourself. But you have to know certain things about housing a little pets in your own house.
Good hamster cages are to be chosen very wisely as these pens are not random in size or type. They have particular features to suit the need of any small animlas. So when you are picking up a coop for your pet, you have to make sure there is an adequate number of floors and equipment. A habitat high in the number of floors and accessories is responsible for keeping your pet happy. We have done our part of research and tested various hamster tunnels. Now, it is your turn to play your part by giving this review a thorough read. Here in this best dwarf hamster cages list, you would find everything you need to know about your pet and its housing.
Top Rated Unique Hamster Cage Reviews
Choosing small pet cage for hamster is a matter of utter carefulness, and it takes much of your patience. If you are here going through this best cages for hamsters review, there must be some things that you are unsure about. Well, we are right here to take you through this journey of picking up the right kind of hamster coop for your pet. Below, we have listed down the top 14 best hamster cage ever which are perfect in its category. Make sure to check out this list right away!
The 14 Best Hamster Cages for Sale in 2022
Favola Hamster Cage by Ferplast
- Easy Maintenance
- Two-Floor Structure
- Exercise Wheel & Food Dish
Habitrail Cristal Cage
- Durable & Safe
- Provide excellent air circulation
- Easy to clean
Midwest Critterville Arcade Hamster Home
- Multi-level play space
- Modular design
- Easy assembly
Prevue Hendryx Deluxe
- Exercise wheel
- Spacious and complete home for pet
- Perfect to play and hide
Habitrail OVO Dwarf Hamster Cage
- Compatible with other animals
- Fully expandable
Ferplast Hamster Cage
- Easy Maintenance
- Locking Side Latch
- Keeps Hamsters Active
Prevue Pet Hamster Haven Tri-level Cage
- Safe, active space for pet
- 2 doors for easy access
- Cage with 3 levels
Prevue Pet 528 Universal Home
- Spacious home for small pets
- Large tubby base
- Wire latch Locking mechanism
Ware Chew Proof Four Story Hamster Cage
- Metal chew proof design
- Shelves and ramps included
- 4-Floor design
Aivituvin Hamster Home
- No leak plastic tray
- Fully accessorized habitat
- 100% Non-TOXIC wood
Mcage 3 Levels Hamster Habitat
- Narrow 3/8-Inch Wire Spacing
- Foldable and Easy Setup
- Slide Out Bottom Pan
Mcage Deluxe Hamster Hotel
- Large 5-Solid Levels
- 5″ Excercise running wheel
- Expandable & Customizable
Ferplast Hamsterville cage
- Convenient doors
- Fully accessorized habitat
- Easy Maintenance
PawHut Rabbit cage
- Ideal for small animals
- Heavy duty steel
1. Favola Hamster Cage Includes Free Water Bottle
What We Like?
- Food dish, hideaway, walking ramp, exercise wheel and water bottle
- Top panel with access door and transparent base
- Whole structure ensures easy maintenance
- Two large floors with 4.75 inches of height
- 1-year manufacturer’s guarantee
- Middle section made of plastic
Favola hamster cage is a true companion to all small pet owners. This unique hamster cage is very well designed, with two floors within it. The top floor is separated from the lower floor by a dividing plastic section present in its middle. Favola Ferplast’s best dwarf hamster cages are spacious as floors are of a height of 4.75 inches, which is more than enough for your cute pet to roam freely. We got this habitat ourselves and tested out all its features mentioned in its description. Moreover, it is fully equipped with all the necessary accessories your little pets would need to live happily.
These Favola hamster cage setup come with a food dish, a water bottle for your little pet, a walking ramp, an exercise wheel, and a hideaway along with it. Walking ramp is situated in the middle, connecting two floors with each other. Hamsters do need a hideaway spot to avoid being spotted sometimes, so the Favola coop comes with a hideaway spot. Its 5.5-inch exercise wheel will come in handy to keep your canister occupied and entertained. This spacious hamster enclosure has a dimension of 23.6 × 14.4 × 4.75 inches, which is a fairly large space to put your genus cricetus at ease. We would definitely recommend using this Favola cage for your little pets any day.
2. Habitrail Cristal Hamster Habitat
What We Like?
- Conveniently compatible with other habitrail items
- Hamster cage along with a hideaway
- Proper air circulation
If you need a budget worthy big cheap hamster cages, then this Habitrail animal cage for hamsters and gerbils is a good choice for you. This gerbil enclosure was large enough to keep our pets at ease with safety and security. Investing in a durable pet house like Habitrail is surely going to save a lot of your money. Habitrail Cristal hamster habitat is well equipped with a hideaway, which constitutes an essential part of your pet’s life. The product’s structure is made of plastic, securing excellent air circulation inside it.
Unlike other models, it has dimensions of 16 × 10 × 9.5 inches, so you know at once how roomy it is. Because of this very cage’s spaciousness, it was effortless for us to reach all its corners and clean it without a hassle. Base design is conveniently deep with a few rounded corners around it, so its cleaning session becomes way more comfortable. Also, this hamster houses has a convenient look outdoors for easy access to little rodents. An exercise wheel was also present inside it to ensure our little Cricetus are healthy and never bored. In fact, we made use of this Habitrail hamster cage by pairing it up with other Habitrail items for an even better experience.
3. Midwest Critterville Arcade Hamster Cage
What We Like?
- Multi level playing space with anti-slippery ramps and tubes
- Modular design with connector piece to add more cages
- Multiple free accessories to keep our hamster in action
- Deep base, convenient top door and clear cover
- No tools assembly and 1-year guarantee
Midwest homes arcade hamster cage extensions are a trustworthy name when it comes to housing your little pets. This habitat is no less than a fully equipped multi-level play space for pets. Midwest arcade cage is a fairly large hamster home with 18.11 × 11.4 × 21.5 inches. Not only spacious, but this coop was also a very lightweight one weighing around 6.1 pounds only. This arcade hamster habitat promises to come with multiple accessories included. Much to our relief, we got a whole set of accessories with the package, including a running wheel, food bowl, water bottle, interior play tubes, and nesting nook.
Structure of this multi-level play space for hamsters was a brilliantly designed one, as the cage has a deep base. Its structure helps keep our little rodent bedding organized inside without making a mess on the floor. The coop’s lower level is wired, while the upper level is covered with a clear and easy to clean cover. Midwest big hamster cages has a compelling and impressive modular design that stole our attention right away at first sight. There are connector pieces given within this best giant hamster cage package that would benefit if you plan to add more hamster homes for more space. We recommend this crate even more because its mess-free easy assembly demands absolutely no external tools.
4. Prevue Hendryx Deluxe Hamster and Gerbil Cage
What We Like?
- Provides playing and hiding activities with included houses and platforms
- Enough room to accommodate any size gerbils and hamsters
- Running wheel for keeping our pet active
- 5/16” spaced wires allow no escape
- Easy-to-clean snap-off base
Another pet cage that you can opt for your little hamsters and gerbils is this Prevue Hendryx deluxe. As Mesocricetus auratus and gerbils need a spacious house for living, this Prevue Hendryx cage has been manufactured with a large space. This pet house is a two-story pet housing, where its bottom tray acts as the bedding, and its upper platform acts as hiding and playing spots. We were impressed with its included exercise wheel that came along with this two story hamster coop in its purchase. This exercise wheel would play a significant role in keeping your pet active all day long.
Prevue Hendryx pet cage deluxe boasts a snap-off base with a deep structure. Such a deep base is handy in keeping the hamster cage bedding organized in its place and never letting it out of this cage. We found it extremely convenient to clean this one’s base, all thanks to its snap off bottom tray. Prevue Hendryx’s pen measures around 22.5 × 12 × 12.5 inches, which is more than enough to let your hamster and gerbils dwell in peace. Wires of this pet habitat has a spacing of 5/16″ inch between them, convenient for hindrance-less air circulation. We would like you to try out this gebril habitat and see the difference in your pet’s positively changed lifestyle.
5. Habitrail OVO Dwarf Hamster Cage
What We Like?
- Entertainment for hamsters and mice for unlimited time
- Boasts a convenient assembly
- Easy-to-clean house for hamsters
- Needed accessories included
- Expandable in nature
Habitrail truly cares about your pets, which is the main reason for introducing this OVO hamster cage for dwarf hamsters. This whole house is designed in a way that can be able to keep your pets busy in exploring this home. A smaller tubing in this pet house with a modular design opens a new vista to your little pets. As we have learnt from our own experience, it kept our gerbil busy for almost all day until IT felt tired. So you can trust this Habitrail OVO’s best hamster tubes with the overall comfort of your rodents living in it.
Habitrail dwarf hamster habitat boasts a compact and fun design that is very easy to clean. In fact, you would not find any difficulty when assembling this one’s parts. Even if you decide to add this large hamster cage further with another Habitrail coop or other items, you are free to do so. We received a full set of needed accessories along with its procurement. Included accessories were a retractable roof, stairs and wheel, feeding bowls, and cozy hideaways. You can any time take resort to this habitrail dwarf cage without a second thought for your cute fur friend’s better living.
6. Ferplast Laura Hamster Cage
What We Like?
- Complete package with included accessories
- Simple maintenance with 3.25-inch deep base
- Integrated fun tubes for exploration
- Convenient front door and top door access
- 1-year warranty Ferplast quality warranty
Going further into our list of the best german hamster cage, let us get you into another great crate. Ferplast 2 story portable hamster cage can be your top favorite for all the features it provides you with. Your pet would be happy to live and explore this 2 story large and spacious habitat for sure. Ferplast Laura cage is of interactive type, and therefore, it has so many fun tubes around it to keep your pet always active. This thing, as we found it, was the best hamster cage, mainly because we had no problems setting it up despite being inexperienced. Its bottom base was deep enough with a height of 3.25 inches, so it was also mess-free.
Ferplast hamster pen came with required accessories our little gerbil needed in its house. Its package included a water bottle, food tray, hideaway, enough play tubes, and an exercise wheel. All these tools help keep your rodents moving throughout the day and keep them naturally fit and healthy. We noticed this large hamster coop has a top door and bottom door in it. Thus, we could quickly get access to the two story enclosure without much problem. Measurements for this top rated hamster cage are 18.11 inches in length, 11.61 inches in width, and 14.76 inches in height.
7. Prevue Pet Products SP2005BL Hamster Haven
What We Like?
- Included platform, ramp, hideaway and exercise wheel
- Gives space to your hamster to hide and explore
- Active, safe and colorful haven for gerbils
- Two doors for easy access
- Inbuilt with three levels
Prevue Pet Products’ gerbil haven is one of the most convenient habitat that we could find around. This hamster crate is a true treasure as it not only creates a safe atmosphere for your rodents but also keeps them joyful and active. In fact, this best syrian hamster cage is designed in a way that it conforms to your pet’s instinct for hiding and exploring. Prevue SP2005BL did not fail to capture our attention when we unwrapped the packaged parcel. Its whole built-up was colorful and sturdy, so you can rest assured that your gerbils are going to make themselves at home in it as soon as they get inside.
Prevue extra large hamster cage did contain three levels of playing space for our pets. There were two doors in this product for easy access to its inside area, so it would be effortless for you to clean the bedding and accessories. A platform, a walking ramp, a cozy hideaway, and an exercise wheel came complimentary with this coop. Its whole structure measures 16-inch in length, 10.5-inch width, and 16-inch in size, which makes it a comfortably spacious habitat for your fuzz balls.
8. Prevue Pet Products 528 Universal Small Animal Home
What We Like?
- 6 ¼ inch deep base prevents messy bedding
- Tub shaped base offers a large playground
- Two access doors on one side and the top
- Universal home for small animals
- ⅜ inch tight wire spacing
Another great product for your gerbils is this Prevue pet cage. Prevue Pet Products never disappoint its customers by giving them anything less than suitable quality pens for pets. This universal home for small animals is another such cage that is bound to become your gnawer’s new favorite home in no time. It comes designed in a way that wires have a very tight spacing of about 3/8 inch, which prevents them from escaping through gaps. Also, we were impressed with its large tubby base which could comfortably make space for all accessories which acts as a playground for your little companions.
Deep tubby base has a height of 6 ¼ inches which undoubtedly keeps all beddings well organized at their place without letting them come out. With this large and deep base, you will experience a very simple and easy cleaning of this universal pet enclosure. There are two access doors in this universal home for small animals, one of which will be at the bottom and another on its top. These doors allowed us to reach its inner corners of the cage without causing any trouble while cleaning. This pet cage has dimensions of 32.5 × 19 × 17.5 inches, and your gerbil is bound to be lively in this spacious habitat.
9. Ware Manufacturing’s Chew Proof 4 Story Small Pet Cage
What We Like?
- Metal drop pan attaches easily with powder coated wires
- Long lasting and chew proof metallic design
- 4 story pet house with ramps and platforms
- Ensures sufficient air circulation
- 12 ¾ × 17 × 24 inches of dimensions
- 2 front doors along with safety locks
Ware Manufacturing’s huge hamster cage is an immensely sized coop for your little gnawers. This crate consists of four large compartments within it, which provide gerbils with enough space for playing. It is known for the heavy metallic frame, made of chew proud wires. So you can rest assured that these wires would not be affected at all even if your paw mate has a bad habit of chewing metals. We noticed that its metallic drop pan was easily attachable with the fully powder-coated wires, ensuring a secure lock system.
Also, the coop has two doors in it, which come situated on the front side of it. These doors appear protected with safety locks, so you do not have to worry about your rodents getting out and roaming around. Ware Manufacturing proper hamster cage came with sliding ramps and walking platforms along with it. So our rodents could easily ascend on the four levels of platforms with these ramps. This spacious enclosure is very simple and not bombarded with heavy equipment, which keeps most of the space open for your gerbils to play. Dimensions for this great hamster cage is 12 ¾ × 17 × 24 inch, so you can expect your pets to roam freely in this large pet house.
10. Aivituvin Upgraded 3 Tier Hamster Cage with Chewing Toy
What We Like?
- Accessories include a feeding bowl, chewing toys, hideaways, seesaws, ramp
- Attachable water bottles and wheels with a wire mesh wall
- Non-sticky and non-toxic wood floor for paw protection
- Large front door and wire top roof for proper ventilation
- Three spacious floors for your pet
- Leakage free plastic tray as base
We know that you want to own the perfect home for your cute little pets. That’s why we bring you this Aivituvin 3 level pet home. It is not only a great habitat for hamsters but also guinea pigs, rats, gerbils, and hedgehogs. It is heaven for your furry friends as they would get a lot of space to themselves. This multi level hamster cage has wire mesh walls which make space for attaching water bottles and exercise wheels as well. A leakage premium quality plastic tray used as the bedding is utterly easy to clean. We received additional accessories along with this Aivituvin pet cage which included a feeding bowl, chewing toys, hideouts, ramps, and seesaws.
Included accessories play a major role in keeping gerbils happy and cheerful. While they explore this spacious mansion, individuals can also stay worry-free, knowing the seesaws and exercise wheels (to be purchased differently) would keep them active. Flooring of this pen is structured very carefully and cautiously as a non-toxic wood substance comes with it to avoid your pet’s paw getting stuck. Also, we found its front opening doors really convenient as they let us clean the inside litter and accessories freely without working much. You can definitely go for this best hamster cage of dimensions 39 x 19.68 x 24.2 inches without any hesitation.
11. Mcage Hamster Suger Glider Small Animal Cage
What We Like?
- Sliding Epoxy coated bottom pan safe for pets
- Foldable in nature for easy storage and travel
- Chew-free metal enclosure with paw protection
- Wire spacing 3/8 inch prevents escaping
- Large metal cage for carefree roaming
- Two front opening doors
Mcage 3 level pet cage for small animals is a minimalistic yet compact-looking habitat that deals with all of your furry friends’ needs. This hamster travel cage, made of metal wires, is safe for as those wires are totally chew-proof. Absolutely no attached excessive accessories are with this primary enclosure which saves up to a vast space for your hamsters to play around. Also, there is enough space inside that you can add necessary items as per your pet’s liking. We added a pair of seesaws and exercise wheels quickly inside this pet enclosure.
The wires holding the enclosure together have a spacing of about 3/8 inches in between them. This kind of tight wiring makes it next to impossible for your gerbils to escape and break free into the open air. There were two front opening doors in this cage metal pet cage for small animals, so it was very simple to clean it with our hands. Bottom pan is of sliding type, and it comes coated with epoxy, which is proven to be entirely safe for rodents. We loved this product so much because it is foldable, making it a perfect fit for storing into tight spaces when not in use or even when traveling. Dimensions of this large pet coop are 30 × 18 × 24 inches.
12. Mcage Twin Tower Hamster Habitat
What We Like?
- Shelves, food-bowl, hideouts, water bottle, ladder, tubes and wheel included
- Mixed color translucent tubes with solid plastic flooring
- Expandable and goes with other Mcage items
- Large size cage with three doors
- Deep base with 3 inch height
- Tight wire spacing 3/8 inch
If you are in search of a holistic small animal cage, then your search ends right here with this Mcage 5 level pet pen. It is a true source of entertainment for rodents. There are multiple translucent colorful play tubes attached all through. These tubes are immensely useful in keeping gerbils all cheerful in their new habitat. Its wire spacing is very tight with a space of 3/8 inches in between, so you do not have to worry about hamsters breaking free. This colorful pet crate earned our admiration the moment we received its parcel in our hands. This large-sized pet house has three front doors opening, allowing you to clean the inner areas thoroughly by putting your hands inside.
Mcage hamster cages with tunnels are undoubtedly a very largely designed enclosure for small animals with dimensions of 31 × 14.5 × 33 inches. What we found quite impressive was that we could further expand the space of this crate by adding more units to it effortlessly. A lot of useful and engaging accessories arrive within this Mcage product package. A food bowl, water bottle, hide house, ladders, play tubes, and exercise wheel are among its included tools. Added multiple shelves give your pet a little extra space for exploring. Moreover, the large and deep base with 3 inches of height provides your pets with comfortable bedding. If you are still in doubt about this Mcage 5 level pet house, let us assure you that you would not be regretting your decision once you opt for it.
13. Ferplast Hamsterville Hamster Habitat Cage
What We Like?
- Convenient access for cleaning with two front and top doors
- Made with beautiful wood and robust net structure
- Removable deep base with 2.6 inch height
- Easy-to-clean base and bedding
- 1-year guarantee on every part
- Fully equipped habitat
Ferplast Hamsterville cage made with solid tree wood and sturdy wire structure lasts long. The whole structure of this gerbils and hamster cage is sure to give you satisfaction as your little mates would have a safe and secure life in it. This cozy and comfortable hamster enclosure has multiple levels within it, which provides your little friend with a large area for playing. Its package included some additional items such as a water bottle, food bowl, ladders, platforms, wheel, etc. The water bottle has a capacity of 0.04 gallons, and it has a water level indicator on it for easy tracking. It has an exercise wheel of 5 inch to ensure that our rodent lives fit and entertained.
Ferplast Hamsterville is a true example of the combination of perfect craftsmanship and thoughtfulness. Pet house has a conveniently deep base in it which is easy to clean, mostly because its tray does slide out effortlessly. Therefore, you can frequently clean the bedroom without much hassle. There are two doors in this hamster cage add ons, one on the front and the other on top. We were able to reach its hard-to-reach corners simply by putting our hands through the doors. Measurements for this large pet cage are 23.6 inches in length, 13.4 inches in width, and 19.3 inches in height. You also get a 1-year guarantee on every part of this pet house individually, which is a plus point, indeed.
14. PawHut 2/4/6 Levels Rolling Small Animal Rabbit Cage
What We Like?
- Maximum comfort and large living space for small pets
- Ramps and platforms for moving up-down
- High quality metal wire construction
- Multiple doors for easy access
- Easy transport with 4 wheels
- 0.5 inch bar spacing
Let us wrap our top 14 best cat proof hamster cage list with another fantastic crate for our rodents. If you are looking for a pet house that you want to customize on your own as per your pet’s preference, this PawHut pet house is the safest option. With PawHut, a maximum level of comfort is guaranteed for rodents as they would have a large play space in it. We took note of its multiple doors that were present for easy cleaning purposes. There are a good number of ramps and platforms given along with this rodent coop.
PawHut pet cage made with high-quality metal wires will ensure the durable working of it. Its quality has not at all been compromised with for the cheap price as you get it in. Also, we came across the fact that this hamster cage, despite being heavy, was very easy to maneuver or move around. 4 universal wheels equipped with it were indeed a very thoughtful addition to the manufacturing brand. Dimensions of this large pet cage are 31.5 × 20.75 × 26 inches, which is sufficient to let your pets live in luxurious spaciousness.
Buying Guide for Best Hamster Cage
After carrying out the meticulous task of gathering all the best hamster cage objects for your furry friends, it is now time to move on to the more detailed part. Once you have picked up the right hamster cage for your rodent, your work doesn’t get done yet. In fact, there are more things about housing gerbils that you must know. In this next section, we will talk about some of the most demanding topics that you might find useful for your pet.
What is a Hamster Cage?
As you can comprehend from its name itself, a natural hamster habitat where your pet live safely and securely. To be more precise, if you have a pet gerbil in your house, then you have to house it as well. But these gerbils do have a special set of requirements for their living. In order to fulfill that purpose, these coops come designed to house your fur friends comfortably while providing them with their needed ambiance. You can buy commercial hamster cages or make pens on your own as well. In fact, some like to house their gerbils in an unused aquarium as well. All these options are equally good for your little paw mate.
How to Use a Hamster Cage?
Using a small hamster cage is no rocket science if you remember to follow these general rules accordingly.
- Put all the necessary equipment inside the cage and place them accordingly.
- Now gently put your hamster inside this new habitat and let it settle in.
- You have to make sure that you do not change the location of that enclosure after you settle your pet in.
- A hamster cage is the best option for keeping your rodents safe and busy.
- Especially if you have more than one pet, then setting up individual gerbil cages for each of them is the best idea.
- Do clean that age as frequently as possible, like for at least twice a week.
How to Set Up a Hamster Cage?
- First, you must set up the bedding as this would serve as a cage’s base.
- Put the bedding in a way so that it has at least 1-2 inches of thickness from the floor.
- Remember always to clean this bedding. Otherwise, it would become a place for growing bacteria with the heaped-up poop and dirt.
- Now slide this bedding gently under the main pet house.
- You can try keeping plenty of paper pieces in its bedding, as hamsters like to make bedding out of their own effort.
- Now set up the hideouts in that pet cage. Find a cozy one for your hamster that would allow him to get its privacy.
- Make sure to put up the exercise wheel next, and remember not to go too big with this one. Find a wheel that is slightly bigger than your pet.
- Now just fill in a food bowl with your rodent’s favorite food and add some water (0.02 – 0.04 gallon). Your hamster’s mansion is all set to get going.
What is the Best Size For a Hamster Cage?
The best size cage for a small pet may vary from animal to animal. Here we will try to outline what sized cages can be fit for what kind of pets.
Gerbils: If you have a gerbil, it would need a cage of at least 12 × 12 × 12 inches.
Guinea pigs: A guinea pig needs a coop that measures 24 × 12 × 12 inches.
Mouse: A cage with 12 × 12 × 12 inches would suffice.
Rat: A cage with 24 × 12 × 12 inches size would be enough.
Rabbit: For a rabbit, you will need a pen with 30 × 29 × 18 inches.
Hamsters: A cage with dimensions of 12 × 12 × 12 inches would do.
Can I Travel with My Hamster Cage?
Yes, you can, any day, travel with your hamster cage. All you have to make sure of is, that a rodent coop should not be heavily constructed. You would have to vacate the food bowl as well, in order to save it from spillage. There are some enclosures aplenty which are travel friendly, like Mcage 3 story hamster cage. Also, a coop with carrying wheels would be a blessing in case you are a travel freak and want to take your pet along.
What the Top Rated Hamster Cage Brands?
Ferplast Hamster Cage
Ferplast has always been ever so careful since the days of its launch about taking care of your little friends. As promising, it has always been, they have a wide range of pet accessories and cages for rodents, reptiles, cats, dogs, etc. Their unparalleled enthusiasm has given birth to wonderful pet cages where your pets would feel safe, happy, and protected. Make sure to check out their official page for more related information.
Kaytee has been nothing but sincerely concerned about your pets as it has been making its line-up of pet products for more than 150 years now. It is one of the leading companies that is dominating the market of pet accessories. It never compromises with the quality of its products, thus, acquiring a lot of customers. You would get only the best for your pet with Kaytee, be it bedding, food, cages, or toys.
Hamster Cage Ideas
You can switch to this kind of innovative ambiance type for your beloved little pet. All you have to do is to set up a tiny village-themed cage for your hamster. You can use the litter as bedding and then decorate the hideout as a hut. Then add a few small tree-like structures and use a small piece of fabric to make tents for your hamster.
Now, a treehouse is something that has always been of great fantasy to us. Try setting up an ambiance for your hamster, which resembles a cute treehouse. The hideout would be elevated higher than the natural bedding, but add ladders, popsicle sticks, and straws to give this hideout a treehouse-like look. Now, dedicate its surroundings accordingly.
Another great idea that can instantly brighten up your hamster cage’s appearance is this fort structure. As you must have seen, try to build a barrier out of popsicle sticks and straws by binding them together around this bedding. Make sure to leave enough space to act as windows. Give the hideaway a castle shape by adding a speak on its head.
What To Put In a Hamster Cage?
One major and foremost important thing to add to the modern hamster cages is its food bowl. Put the food bowl inside in a place from where it can be seen clearly before putting your hamster in.
Attach the tiny water bottle, fill it in with water (0.02 – 0.05 gallon), and then stick it to its water bottle holder.
Your hamsters do need their alone time. They sought after privacy and a hideout which is what you must ensure. It is necessary for your pet to have a hideout for sleeping.
Make sure to arrange something like an exercise wheel inside. This will keep your pet’s energy level high, thereby keeping it healthy and fit.
Additional exercise is always good for your pet, especially when it comes to entertainment. A seesaw would never fail to keep your pet glued to it and entertained.
If your hamster cage has more than one level, then ramps are the must-have item to allow your pet to go on upper levels.
The hamster cage should have as many levels as possible, and to allow them to have more space, try to add more platforms that would serve as their playgrounds.
How to Clean a Hamster Cage?
- Before starting off with the cleaning process, make sure to get hold of a slightly damp, disinfectant washcloth and some new beddings.
- For everyday cleaning, you should clean off the leftover food and pet waste from the cage’s bedding and food bowl.
- Check the area beneath its water bottle holder, clean out if there are water drops under that spot, and change water as well.
- Change the bedding as frequently as possible, as hamsters are generally the type of animals that love to hide food under bedding.
- Do a regular check to make sure your hamster gathers no uneaten food under the cage’s bedding.
- After moving your pet gently away from any hamster cage momentarily, you should take out that bedding and accessories to deep clean them.
- Make use of vinegar or light bleaching powder for a deep cleaning process. This should be done at least twice a month.
How to Build a Hamster Cage Out of Wood?
- To make a wooden hamster cage on your own, you would need a hand drill, a jigsaw, hammer, stapler, screwdriver, nails, scree linoleum wood, wooden sticks with mesh and corners.
- Cut up planks and sticks according to the size of the cage you have in your head for your hamster. Stick the linoleum to planks.
- Now it is time to cut in the reinforced corners into your desired size as needed in your cage.
- You have to drill through these planks, and once done, stick the screws through it.
- Now make measurements and drill again to Mark where you want to set up the wooden batons. Join them together.
- Now you have to drill through the set-up batons in order to make a place for an upper structure.
- Once you have made measurements again, stick the boards accordingly on a cage frame’s side with screws and staples.
- Now to put the flooring, take planks with linoleum attached and place them at the bottom and upper head.
- Take the steel wire mesh and attach it once the interior design has been completed.
- Attract the reinforced corners as the finishing touch to your hamster cage. Make sure there are no sharp edges left inside or outside.
Important Features To Consider While Buying Hamster Cage
Choosing the best cage for your hamster may need several factors to consider. Main things such as size, safety, and easy cleaning are not to be skipped. So, here are the main things to consider when buying a hamster cage.
Before buying a hamster cage, consider the size of your pet. If your pet is a fluffy one with a slightly bigger body, you would want to opt for a hamster cage that would be big enough. Your hamster should not feel trapped inside the coop but homely. So always try to go for a hamster cage at least 12 inches in length, 12 inches in width, and 12 inches in height. Anything less than that would put your pet in discomfort.
Air circulation inside the cage is a matter of utter importance that needs to be noted before buying one. A hamster pen with wire mesh around it is the best option in this regard as it would have sufficient space for your pet to breathe freely. If you go for an enclosure that is high in number of tubes, then that may be a problem for seamless air circulation.
Hamsters having a bad habit of chewing cages is not a matter of utter rarity. In fact, most hamsters do harbor a tendency to hit and chew coops constantly. This can lead to the parts being weak at places and gradually fall off to make space for your hamster’s escape. Opting for a solid-sided cage here can be the most feasible solution. If you purchase a hamster chewing cage metallic frame, chewing it should impart no significant problem.
While you buy a habitat for your pet, it is also your responsibility to take a vow to clean that one regularly. And for daily cleaning, you have to make sure the enclosure is easy-to-clean. Otherwise, you would end up cleaning it only once a month. A hamster cage with wire mesh and a plastic base tray is the best thing for you to clean effortlessly in no time.
Frequently Ask Question
What is the best hamster cage?
Favola’s large hamster cage is the best hamster cage you would find.
How to get hamster to stop biting cage?
You can try providing your hamsters with enough chewing toys so that they get busy with those toys instead of that cage itself.
What is the best cage for a syrian hamster?
Habitrail animal cage for hamsters and gerbils is the best one for a Syrian hamster.
How often should you clean a hamster cage?
You should clean the cage once every day and thoroughly clean it at least once and twice a month.
Are wire cages harmful to hamsters?
No, wire cages are not harmful to hamsters, but you would have to check to make sure there are no sharp edges in their cage.
How much does a hamster cage cost?
The price of a hamster cage depends on its features and the cage’s built-up quality. But the price should range between $25 to $70.
How big should a hamster cage be?
A hamster cage should be of at least 12 × 12 × 12 inches in dimensions.
Choosing the right kind of cage for your little rodents can be a task quite nerve-wracking. Hamsters are sensitive to their habitat far more than regular pets like cats and dogs. Therefore it becomes even more critical to find out the right one for them. A suitable rodent cage has a few qualities that you must take into consideration before buying one. We have tried to gather all those information and cover every top-quality gerbil habitat at the top of their game. And have listed those things that have been reported to be the best by the customers. Hope you would encounter no more problems regarding choosing the right habitat for your pets if you go through this best hamster cage review.