Chomp Pull It Out Stain Concrete Remover
- Easy to use method, just pour on the stain, let it dry and remove with a broom or cloth easily
- Ideal for patios, driveways, garages, basements, etc.,
- Uses a ‘poultice’ technology which is effective for different concrete types and conditions
Simple Green Oxy Solve Concrete and Driveway
- Without any harsh chemicals it removes heavy grime using the power of peroxide
- It can remove many stains like oil, grease, rust, tire marks, etc
- Perfect for patios, walkways, masonry and driveways
Most Effective Cleaner
Singerman Laboratories Concrete Rust Remover
- Effective for cleaning rust stains from stone surface and concrete.
- It comes in the form of white powder which you just need to mix and apply
- Ideal to de-rust vertical surfaces up to 60 sq ft approximately
Concrete flooring is preferred for patios, garages, basements, and many other utility areas at home. However, stains are easily visible on this type of flooring, but it does take a while for oil, dirt, grime, etc., to build up as a stain. To prevent this, it is better to clean concrete periodically to increase its beauty and life. There are many methods to clean concrete slabs, whereas the most comfortable method is using a concrete stain cleaner. We can also use many other home methods to get the concrete to be clean almost every day. Tough stains can occur as concrete material is porous. After the stains sank in, basic cleaners at home never worked for us. It was time to use the best concrete cleaner with chemicals to get the job done.
We have tried many cleaners popular across Amazon and tried using them over our concrete slabs in patios, garages, basements, etc. We noticed good cleaning solutions from many brands. Hence, we have put together a list wherein each manufacturer’s features selling concrete stain remover seemed the best to us. Our experiences during each brand use also highlighted.
14 Best Rated Professional Concrete Cleaner
- Most Powerful: Chomp Pull It Out Oil Stain Remover
- Easy to Use: Simple Green Oxy Solve Concrete Cleaner
- Best Powder: Singerman Laboratories Rust Stain Remover
- Non-corrosive: CITRA-SHIELD Multi-Surface Outdoor Cleaner
- Eco-friendly: Terminator-HSD Concrete Cleaner
- Budget-friendly: Wet and Forget 10587 Moss Mold Mildew Algae Stain Remover
- Best Waterless: EXIMO Waterless Concrete Cleaner
- Great for Indoor: Concrobium Mold Control Spray 32 oz
- Value for Money: RMR Brands Complete Mold Killer & Stain Remover Bundle
- Safest Choice: ACT Eco-Friendly Concrete Cleaner
- Pro Quality: Zep INC Driveway & Concrete Pressure Wash
- Versatile: Scotts 32 oz Outdoor Cleaner Multi Purpose Formula
- Bleach Free: CLR PB-CMM-6 Mold and Mildew Stain Remover
- Safe and Effective: MasonryDefender All-Purpose Masonry & Concrete Cleaner
1. Chomp Pull It Out Concrete Garage Floor Cleaner
CHOMP Pull It Out stain remover for concrete was the best try on our list. We tried using it in most places like driveways, patios, and garages at our home. The cleaner came in a bottle and was in liquid form. As concrete floors are porous, a deep penetrating formula is required to get stains off. The manufacturer formulated the product very well to get its job done flawlessly. This was one of best concrete driveway cleaners and works great on brick flooring as well. We could remove oil spills from cars and other petroleum stains easily.
The best thing we noted about this cleaner was that it did not contain harmful chemicals like acid, bleach to harm us while using. Usage instructions were clear and smooth. We got cleaner in a bottle and just had to pour a small amount in concentrated form over the stain. It did take some time so let it sit for a while. After the formula dried out, we used a cloth to remove it like chalk, and the stain also vanished. One bottle was enough to remove stains from different types of concrete surfaces. We didn’t have to buy according to the stain or surface. Also, we tried using this in our business areas to get stain-free concrete flooring effectively. We used this concrete cleaner to save our kids from falling when playing around in the driveways or patios with oil and grease stains
- Easy to use method, just pour on the stain and let it dry. Remove the dried-out formula with a broom or cloth easily
- Best for patios, driveways, garages, basements, etc., can be used in commercial places as well for stain-free flooring
- Two pounds bottle in liquid form, the same bottle can be sued on a variety of stains and surfaces of concrete
- Effective oil and petroleum-based stains on all places of concrete flooring can be used on brick floors too
- Does not contain hazardous chemicals like acid, bleach, etc. not harmful for user and safe on flooring
2. Simple Green Oxy Solve Concrete Surface Cleaner Pressure Washer
Simple green concrete and driveway pressure washer is well suited to maintain clean driveways, pathways, patios, and masonry. We did not just buy this cleaner to remove oil stains. With this best cleaner for concrete floors, we removed various stains like rust, grease, automotive fluids, tire marks, exhaust build-up, etc. The ingredients on this cleaner were a combination of water, ethoxylated alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, Citric acid, and more efficient components. The presence of hydrogen peroxide helped in removing grime without the presence of harsh chemicals. This was a pressure washer type and eliminated any manual application problems. You can add this concrete cleaner pressure washer to the detergent tank or a siphon pump on top of the bottle itself.
After doing this, you should use a spray nozzle to remove all grime and grease by spraying. We did allow the cleaner to settle inside concrete flooring for at least 7 minutes, as advised by the manufacturer. It is best not to keep it for long as it may dry out. After stipulated time, we washed away cleaner with a hose at a high-pressure water setting. This removed all stains and build-up maintaining our driveways clean and fresh. Be sure to keep children away while using this cleaner as this contains chemicals that can be hazardous for breathing inside. We can also clean the same space manually by adding water before pouring it on stain.
- Peroxide’s presence helped remove grime easily, and harsh chemicals were not added to the mixing of concrete cleaner
- Add the cleaner to the pressure water detergent tank, or a siphon pump can be fitted directly for pressure washing
- 128 fl oz. Cleaner came in a can, and it was liquid form, containing chemicals like citric acid to remove tough stains
- You can use it on patios, driveways, garages, patios, basement, etc. can be cleaned manually as well
- It can remove many stains like tire marks, petroleum products, exhaust build-up, etc
3. Singerman Laboratories Powder Concrete Cleaner
Singerman laboratories concrete cleaner comes in a tub format while purchasing. The gel-based formula helps to remove tough rust stains in particular. It worked wonders on all stone, concrete, and masonry surfaces. We didn’t have to buy separate cleaners for each flooring type. The entire tub we got could remove rust from approximately 60 sq ft area. We could even mix this best concrete floor cleaner with water when cleaning vertical surfaces. No worries about our vegetation or garden getting affected by the use of this cleaner. This was because no hazardous chemicals are present in the composition.
Also, the gel was non-flammable, and there were no added phosphates. However, we used this gel with caution as sometimes, when it fell on our clothes, it fades out the color from our fabrics. Therefore, it is advisable to wear gloves and old clothes while working with this cleaner. This eco-friendly concrete cleaner comes as a clear white powder. As soon as it comes in contact with water, it becomes a gel. We just had to spread this gel on rust-stained concrete floors, and within just 15 minutes for the toughest stains, they vanished and did not even require scrubbing further. For less tough stains, it is sufficient to leave it on for smaller durations. This does not include harsh chemicals that will spoil the concrete itself.
- Best for rust removal from concrete, stone, and masonry floorings, a gel formed when mixing the powder with water
- Just 15 minutes is required for removing even the toughest stains, no need to scrub the surface, washes off easily
- The formula helps in removing the stains and dirt completely without damaging the concrete surface
- With one tub of this cleaner, we can clean rust off approximately 60 square feet of concrete floors
4. Citra Shield Outdoor Cleaner for Concrete, Walls, Roof
Citra Shield Ready to use concrete cleaner did not require any mixing or measuring and came in a gallon can that was readily mixed. The best way to use this concrete tile cleaner is to apply it with a pump on the floor that requires cleaning. You can use this best concrete slab cleaner on various surfaces around our homes. It can be best used for brick, vinyl, stucco, concrete, marble, and gravestones. When used in patio furniture, sidewalks, decks, roofs, etc., you can clean off the grime, oil, and other stains. This is an outdoor surface specialist cleaner.
The best part that we noticed was that we didn’t have to apply time and again with gaps of just hours to get the stain removed fully. Once applied, it penetrates the material deep and keeps cleaning them for a long time. Black stains, in particular, took almost 6 days for us. This depends on how deep the stain is. It takes about 2-4 months for roofs, and it is best to use this cleaner annually on roofs, just like we did. No scrubbing or washing is required after the application of this cleaner. We just sprayed this cleaner on stains and saw how they changed color according to the color of the stain. We were also worried if the new color formation would go away or not. It did vanish when the stain was removed.
- Apply it directly on the stain, and you will notice a change in color on application over the stain, both the color and stain removed after some time
- Best for outdoor surfaces like patio, decks, roofs, driveways, walkways, etc., suitable to be applied annually on roofs
- Can be applied on many types of flooring like stucco, concrete, vinyl, marble, etc. multi-surface cleaner
- Non-corrosive and does not affect the material after application; it just removes stains easily
- Comes in a gallon can, ready to use without mixing, measuring, or adding with water
5. Terminator-HSD Eco Friendly Concrete Cleaner
Terminator Eco-friendly concrete cleaner comes in the long range of eco-friendly cleaners. However, few cleaners have harsh and hazardous chemicals that will hurt the user and damage the vegetation surrounding the pavements, driveways, decks, etc. On the other hand, this cleaner for concrete patio does not contain chemicals but breaks down into by-products of water and CO2. With this product, you could remove even large stains without difficulty. Too much cleaner was not needed, and even small amounts were sufficient to remove a large area of stains. We used this cleaner on concrete, asphalt materials laid on pavers, driveways, streets, warehouses, and garages.
All these areas have too many stains that are due to vehicles dripping off oil while working. We did require such a powerful cleaner without harsh chemicals to remove these stains. We were successful in using this cleaner without affecting our health as well. It would be best if you spread our cleaner evenly on the surface. No more scrubbing hard to remove stains. The cleaner absorbed the oil and did not run off into ponds or sewers, thus causing damage to the environment. This was not a magical cleaner. We did require patience while using it. Around 4-6 weeks are required for clearing off stains completely. Also, you have to apply every week to get the best results. We had to use around 1-2 pounds of this cleaner to clean an area of 200-400 square feet.
- Made from eco-friendly items, no harsh chemicals or hazardous substances are added to the composition
- Patience is important; reapplication every week for at least 2-4 weeks should remove very tough stains
- Best for asphalt, concrete materials on surfaces like driveways, garages, warehouses, pathways, etc
- Oil was absorbed and did not run off into sewers or ponds to harm the environment
6. Wet And Forget Mildew 10587 Concrete Mold Cleaner
Wet and Forget Mildew remover does not contain harmful ingredients to cause discomfort while using it. This was a major reason we were satisfied with its use and thus added to our top list of concrete mold cleaners. It is non-caustic and non-acidic, with no bleach added. We mainly used it on outdoor surfaces and did not notice any damage by this cleaner on our surfaces. As per the label, it can remove mold, mildew, algae on various surfaces at our homes. Therefore, one can faithfully consider this as the best cleaner for stained concrete floors. After application, we did not have to spend time scrubbing or rinsing. The liquid acts efficiently and removes the stains and mold, mildew, etc. We got the cleaner in a gallon can, and it is easy to store and pour on stains.
Compact enough for storing it in our cabinets in the garage. We dilute it with water for stains that cannot be removed easily. As we were diluting, the 128n fl Oz can come long enough for us and value for money spent. Apply this as a protective cover over the surfaces mentioned on the label. For example, before it rained, we added this to our concrete floors, and when it started raining, we saw that no moss, mildew, or algae formed on the surface of our floors. We were told that the cleaner reactivates and lifts off the moss and other substances as and when it forms in such situations.
- It is best for surfaces like concrete, brick, stucco, aluminum, and painted surfaces. You can use it for many outdoor purposes
- It does not damage the flooring or surface it is working on, removes mold, moss, mildew as and when it forms
- No scrubbing or rinsing required, liquid form obtained in a can, easy to store and pour for application
- Removes moss, mildew, mold, and algae from surfaces should be applied after mixing it with water
7. EXIMO Waterless Concrete Cleaner for Oil and Other Stains
EXIMO waterless concrete cleaner in the form of powder specifically for removing oil from many surfaces. We used it on garage floors, and as per the specs, you can use it further on sideways, pavers, driveways, etc. This powder removes oil and other petroleum products from the surfaces and acts as an agent to restore the original color of concrete while removing the stains. This product does not contain harsh chemicals, and hence we used it with confidence in our garden area without fear of affecting our family, plants, and pets. It is good for surfaces as well and does not cause any damage. Even plant life surrounding all our surfaces with this cleaner was never affected. It is environmentally friendly as well.
A unique feature of this cleaner was that you could even apply it on wet and dry surfaces. We just had to apply in the powder format, and we left it to dry. We didn’t have to scrub or rinse off the powder further. This is majorly used to remove oil from concrete and other impurities. For doubts regarding the usage and amount of cleaner to be used, we could always contact the manufacturer to get quick replies. We didn’t have to spend much time removing tough stains with this cleaner powder, and the 0.75 lbs bag serves long. Thus, this purchase saved time and money considerably.
- Safe to use around children, pets, and plants, no chemicals added that could hurt our health, does not damage plant life
- Powder cleaner in a bag, the amount of cleaner in the bag came for a long time and saved money on one purchase
- You can use it to remove oil and petroleum products stains and impurities without any scrubbing or washing
- Best to be used on surfaces like concrete, marble, granite, grout, tile metals, etc., versatile cleaner
8. Concrobium Mold Control 25326 Spray
We use Concrobium Mold control spray when we have to stop the growth of mold, mildew, moss, etc., on concrete flooring. You can use this anywhere apart from homes. We even used it in our cars, boats, other buildings, etc. You can use this cleaner to prevent unwanted substances and odor. We got a spray bottle for use, and we could directly focus on places where the growth could become too high due to constant exposure to water. There was no odor coming out of the solution while spraying; hence it did not affect our health. After the cleaner dries on the surface, it forms an invisible barrier, thus not allowing further growth. There is no addition of harmful elements in the composition, and therefore, it was safe for family use and around kids and pets.
We didn’t have to scrub or wash the surface to remove the stains or mold that was already formed. You could use this cleaner on many materials like wood, drywall, plastic, concrete, metal, etc. We got a multi-purpose cleaner that could be used on a variety of surfaces. It saved money and time for us drastically. The spray bottle that we purchased could cover up to 100 sq ft. We could buy more as this effectively saved our surfaces from getting infested with mold, moss, mildew, etc., during the rainy season. If you live in humid areas, this will be a real help.
- There are no chemicals added safe for use around kids and pets, odorless spray cleaner, and not harmful for inhalation
- It prevents further growth of mold, mildew, etc. removes the already formed moss and mildew on the said surfaces
- Ideal for use in homes, buildings, commercial, cars, boats, etc., it does not allow the new formation of substances
- Suitable to use on surfaces like metal, wood, plastic, concrete, drywall, etc., multi-purpose with good effect
- The 32 Oz spray bottle can cover 100 sq ft. Reach with spray is good on the affected area
9. RMR Brands Complete Mold Killer and Concrete Stain Remover
RMR brands mold killer and stain remover can be used as a 2-in-1 cleaner where it cleans moss, mildew, etc., on surfaces it works on. You can also remove 86 types of mold and mildew and their deep-rooted stains easily with this bottle. We got two 32 Oz bottles on purchase. One bottle is for instant mold and mildew prevention, and another bottle is disinfectant cleaner and fungicide. This entire kit came in a spray bottle type. It was the best option for us as we could reach the affected position directly by spraying. With the first bottle, we removed moss and mold almost immediately.
The manufacturer assured that it eliminates the roots of mold and mildew to prevent regrowth on application. This was not available on many other best chemicals for driveway cleaning. Another option with this product was that it was the best indoor concrete cleaner wherein we could use it mainly for our bathrooms. This was essential as our bathrooms are mostly exposed to water most of the time. The main reason for using this cleaner was that we didn’t have to keep scrubbing forever to remove stains. We just sprayed it on surfaces directly, and all the mold and mildew formations vanished instantly. According to our experience, it is best to use this cleaner on surfaces where moss and mold tend to grow or surfaces exposed to water more often.
- Indoor usage is also possible with few surfaces, best to use on exteriors where mold and mildew grow often
- Spray bottle type, 2 bottles given, each for moss and mold instant removal and other for disinfection
- Works on multiple surfaces like brick walls, bathtubs, wood decks, concrete floors, carpeted areas, etc
- You can spray it directly onto the affected area to remove mold and mildew within minutes
- No need for scrubbing after application; instant to use the formula for easy application
10. ACT Concrete Cleaner for Patios, Garages and Others
ACT Concrete cleaner is apt for removing oil, grease, and stains from many surfaces like concrete, wood, soil, plastic, and cement. This best oil cleaner for concrete was dry and applied directly on the surfaces to remove even the toughest stains. It was also a biodegradable concrete cleaner and did not remove the paint on surfaces that we use. Therefore, there is no need to scrub the concrete floor after application. As per the label, we used it without fear of hazardous chemicals, and it was safe to use around children and pets.
Even the environment was not damaged with no plants dying due to this cleaner. This product gave the effects of cleaning like a commercial concrete cleaner. According to the manufacturer, one pound of this dry formula can cover up to 100sqft. We also used push brooms to get them effective on stains directly. It can also be recommended for heavy usage in commercial areas like fast food joints, cafes, etc., where oil spills are bound to happen. We even used a hand broom for better application and did not have to remove oil spills or toughest stains from surfaces. We also easily removed older and harder stains, and new stains never stood a chance against these cleaners. All major stains arising from grease, oil, petroleum, antifreeze, and rust can be eliminated easily.
- You can use a push and hand broom to make a quick and easy application on the floor for extensive coverage
- Eliminates stains on marble, concrete, plastic, metal, wood granite, tiles, etc., the best option for outdoor use
- Powder cleaner for cleaning stains off driveways, patios, decks, etc. works well to remove oil stains, mainly
- No scrubbing required, safe for use around families and pets, no harsh chemicals added in composition
11. Zep ZUBMC128 INC Driveway Pressure Washer Concrete Cleaner
Zep Driveway and concrete pressure washer cleaner arrived in a pack of 4 while purchasing from Amazon, and it was indeed a good value for money spent. We got all the cleaners in separate gallon bottles. We used this pressure washer to remove tough stains, including oil, grime, grease, etc. According to the manufacturer, it is best suitable for concrete, brick, asphalt, and aggregate surfaces. We used it for a variety of places like patios, driveways, walkways, decks, etc. It is also advisable not to use wood, painted, sealed surfaces for our own benefit. You can add liquid to water in the pressure wash can.
This is a concentrated liquid form, and it is best to use it with water for safe and prolonged use. With a low-pressure nozzle, we can aim at stains directly. We also let it sit on the stain for a while to absorb all qualities. It did take some time to remove the toughest stains. However, even grime and grease were removed easily. It is always better to wash off high-pressure water hoses to remove any impurities that might stain concrete floors again. You can scrub the surface with a brush for very heavy stains in case they did not leave at one wash. As 4 bottles of 128 Oz were given, we didn’t have to worry about buying extra quantities after just one usage bottle. We saved money and time after using this cleaner effectively.
- Best for removing stains like grime, grease, oil, petroleum products, etc. works well on brick, concrete, asphalt, and aggregate surfaces
- The original look and color of surfaces are restored after every clean wash using the pressure washing method
- You can add the liquid into the pressure washer can with water and sprayed it on stains directly for better effect
- Suitable for use in patios, decks, driveways, pathways, garages, and warehouses
12. Scotts Multi Purpose Outdoor Cleaner
Scotts Oxiclean Plus outdoor cleaner comes in a ready-to-use spray can. We tried it on our outdoor furniture as per the label instructions. It effectively cleaned all the traces of dirt, grease, grime, oil, etc. This was indeed the best concrete patio cleaner around with a fast-foaming action. Immediately after contact with stains on the surfaces, dirt and grime were removed almost instantly using the foam technology. The mix composition did not contain any bleach and could be used without fear of affecting the environment or health. It also did not remove any color in case of accidental falling on our clothes. Plants and vegetation around our patios and decks were not affected as this was safe to use cleaner.
We used it on various surfaces like cement, concrete, wood, composite, outdoor fabrics, boat interiors, etc. You can get all the range of uses completely by talking to the manufacturer or observing the label. It was a spray can and hence can be targeted right at the stain. We, however, had to connect to a garden hose and spray on the stains. We allowed the cleaner to sit for at least 10 minutes to get its action going. If the stains are too hard, it is advisable to scrub a little bit. Otherwise, you can rinse off the cleaner after the sitting time, and the stain will also be rinsed off along with it.
- It would help if you did scrubbing in case of hard stains, or it can be washed off after a sitting time of 5-10 minutes
- Environment not affected, no chemicals present in the composition, safe to use with family and pets around
- You can connect the 32 Oz sprayer can to the garden hose through the attachment given on the bottle
- Fast foaming action to remove stains immediately on application saves time and money effectively
13. CLR Mold and Mildew Bleach-Free Cleaner
You can use CLR Mold and Mildew Clear indoors in places that are more exposed to water and more prone to moss and mildew formation. Other methods can remove these after formation, but they might leave a stain by which they can start reappearing again. To prevent this, we used concrete tile cleaning products to remove mold, mildew, moss from tiles, showers, bathroom floors, tents, etc. The range of uses can be obtained from the label and, for best results, use only as directed.
We got a 32 fl Oz spray bottle type cleaner and thus could be sprayed with foaming action directly to the stain. This meant we didn’t have to mix outside and clean using cloth. The timing to remove the stains was quick. We did leave it on for a while for good cleaning action to take place. We used this polished concrete floor cleaner suggested on floors, baseboards, fabrics, glass, metal, brick, concrete, etc. As with the indoor functions, you can use it on outdoor furniture as well that is exposed to rain and snow. With the spray handle, we could evenly apply the cleaner all around the stain. After washing off the surfaces, stains are removed, and the impurities from the stains do not clog the drains and keep the sewers clean and safe from chemicals.
- It can be suited on tiles, furniture, tents, Hardwood floors, showers, grout, etc., best for multi-purpose uses
- Spray bottle type, best for direct contact on stain, foaming solution makes more contact with stain easily
- Removes mold, mildew, moss from the surfaces it acts upon, best for surfaces exposed to water more
- There is no bleach in this remover to harm the user or others surrounding the cleaning surfaces
- Easy to use and apply with sprayer style for even spreading of cleaner on the stain
14. All Purpose Masonry Defender Concrete Floor Cleaner
Masonry Defender concrete cleaner was a bleach cleaner and can be used on concrete places like pathways, driveways, patios, decks, garages, etc. This cleaner is best suitable for removing stains caused by moss, mold, and mildew. Though there is bleach in it, this is safe for use and does not spoil vegetation. There are no traces of any other hazardous chemicals in this composition. This can be considered the best concrete garage floor cleaner and cleans up to 900 sq ft with one 3 Pounds tub. This is a dry mixture and has to be mixed with water for a cleaning solution. The entire tub we got took about 6 gallons of water for mixing. We were also told that this can be a prepping material before applying sealers on concrete surfaces.
Mold and mildew can be problematic in places where heavy rainfall occurs. To prevent their formation, we applied this on our concrete floors and noticed that any stains due to older moss and mold formation were removed. New cases of formation were also not noticed much after we began using this cleaner. The color and texture of masonry surfaces were restored after removing stains and did not affect the surface at all. It was a non-toxic choice for us, but since there is bleach, it is advisable to use this with caution around kids as it might have a strong odor.
- Suits well for outdoor purposes mainly, best to use in places where mold, mildew, and moss form regularly
- It contains bleach, but it is not toxic, can be used safely around vegetation, and does not affect plants
- Cleans mildew, dirt, grime, and moss stains effectively, best for use on masonry surfaces as well
- Mix the tub of the dry-cleaning element with water to cover at least 900 sq ft in one purchase
All the brands selling the best concrete cleaners extensively discussed in the above sections. We also listed out our experiences while using such cleaners to get a better insight into what each cleaner does. Here we provide a buying guide that gives important details about concrete cleaners in general. Also, a small section where the features to look for when buying a cleaner is necessary for people who want a quick look at points before proceeding with their purchase.
What is a Concrete Cleaner?
Concrete flooring might develop stains due to excessive water exposure, oil and petroleum products dripping from vehicles in the garage, etc. You cannot wash these stains with normal cleaners or soap and water solutions. Instead, a specialized cleaner that can work on these stains is necessary in such cases, referred to as concrete cleaners. They come in different types, and you can even mix some of them with your power washer for effective cleaning. For example, a power washer concrete cleaner will contain a mix of water and concrete cleaner that you can spray it with a low-pressure nozzle directly on the stain to remove it.
Why Should I need a Concrete Cleaner?
- Concrete cleaning can remove tough stains that you can’t remov by normal washing or cleaning with soap.
- You can renew and restore the texture and color of concrete flooring with certain concrete cleaners.
- Safer for family members and pets to move around the driveways, pathways, garage, etc., without slipping from oil spills.
- The look of the entire concrete area will increase, and you can maintain it the same way for a long period.
Types of Concrete Cleaners
Ph-neutral floor cleaners, in general, will contain water to aid in the harmless cleaning of surfaces. For concrete, this kind of cleaner suits to maintain ph-balance and avoid spoiling or damaging the color and texture of concrete. You can also use this type for daily maintenance cleaning.
You can use an acidic floor cleaner in conditions with very tough stains to etch out that area. This type of cleaner has traces of acidic substances in the composition. Removing rust, mineral deposits, and heavy organic matter is possible easily with an acidic concrete cleaner. We have to be careful while using this type of cleaner. So, wear protective clothes with gloves.
Alkaline concrete cleaner is a liquid formula used for removing oil, grease, grime, and other petroleum products from surfaces. You can remove even carbon black, tars, and lube easily. It’s best to use it on non-painted surfaces mostly. This type mainly used for surfaces where the stain deeply rooted and tough to remove.
Bacterial concrete cleaners are specific cleaning solutions that can clean specific stains as hydrocarbon and protein-based. Pet urine stains on a concrete floor can be hard to get with normal cleaners. We can use this type to remove specific stains caused by common problems. These kinds of cleaners feed on organic matter and dissolve them from the concrete floor.
Who Makes the Best Concrete Floor Cleaners in Market?
Simple green has created one of the best pressure washer concrete cleaners in the market. All their products come in comfortable packaging to aid in easy usage. The correct directions to use their cleaner with safety precautions given with each purchase to make sure users not affected.
Black diamond has concentrated on producing stone washes that will clean limestone and travertine floors at homes or commercial places. Most of their cleaners come in liquid form and gallon cans for easy usage. You can use their products regularly to give more added beauty to stone flooring at home.
Zep has created products that effectively clean driveways, concrete, and masonry flooring to remove common oil, grease, and grime stains. Their cleaners come in a concentrated form where you have to mix them with water to get the best results. All the cleaners from this brand give quick cleaning without much scrubbing.
ACT has been a pioneer in producing mainly eco-friendly cleaners. We do not want our cleaners to pollute or kill the plants nearby the cleaning surfaces. There is no need for any rigorous scrubbing in their brand products, and it elaborates easy to use methods on each purchase. They continue to make the best products despite heavy competition in this field.
How to Remove Oil Stains from Concrete?
- You can remove the oil by using strong detergent and scrub.
- We can make use of concrete cleaners that are available in stores with varying features.
- To the oil stain area, you can apply a poultice made of flour, tac, or chalk powder. It will break down and absorb oil from the surface.
- You can even use the cat litter to absorb the excess oil then clean it with detergent or dishwasher soap.
- Use some baking powder and laundry detergent, make a paste and apply it to the stained area. You can also use vinegar for effective cleansing.
Features to Consider While Buying a Concrete Cleaner
Whatever concrete cleaner you decide to buy, make sure they come in comfortable packaging. It is advisable to get spray canned packaging for the best grease cleaner you are choosing. So that you can easily target the stain directly without taking external equipment to apply on the stain. Also, sometimes the best concrete cleaner for a pressure washer comes with a pressure washer that can spray around. Otherwise, a gallon can is best to pour out the cleaner to be mixed with water.
Surfaces it can Clean
The major reason for getting a concrete cleaner is to see whether it can clean most material surfaces like concrete, cement, metal, plastic, wood, granite, asphalt, etc. The range of materials on which this cleaner can act given in the label itself. It should be used carefully otherwise; our surfaces might lose their paint or texture. Use the cleaner according to the instructions given on the permissible surfaces to get the best results.
Stains it can Remove
Stains on concrete slabs or floors can be numerous and can be caused due to a variety of reasons. Oil dripping causes major stains. So, our concrete floor cleaner machine should be useful in removing oil as well as other stains. It should be able to remove grease, grime, petroleum products, mold, mildew, moss, and algae stains. Follow the amount of time for each type of stain strictly to achieve great removal.
The cleaners we buy should be biodegradable and not harmful. It should not contain hazardous chemicals that might release dangerous fumes while using. If it does, then it will be harmful to users as well vegetation around the surfaces used. Our choice should be a non-toxic concrete cleaner to achieve the best results and not affect the environment. With the use of the cleaner we choose, it should not damage plants around us.
Mixing or Ready-To-Use
The solution of the cleaner inside the bottle should be either ready-to-use or mixing type. If ready-to-use, it mostly occurs in spray cans where we can concentrate the spray on the stain directly to remove stains effectively. Using the best chemical for driveway cleaning might sometimes need mixing with water as it might be powdered or concentrated. Carefully read the label before choosing the best type of cleaner.
Frequently Ask Questions
Q. What is the best concrete cleaner?
CHOMP Pull It Out Stain remover for Concrete is the best concrete cleaner on the market for sale now. It can effectively remove oil, grease, grime, and other petroleum products stains.
Q. Will concrete cleaner kill grass?
Harsh cleaners with hazardous chemicals will kill grass while cleaning the pathways and driveways surrounding them. If you want to avoid killing grass in the cleaning process, get an environment-friendly cleaner.
Q. Where to buy Simple green concrete cleaner?
You can buy Simple Green concrete cleaners from Amazon. Various shipping charges will be applicable for shipping across the USA.
Q. What is the best concrete driveway cleaner?
Simple Green Concrete and Driveway Pressure Washer is the best concrete driveway cleaner in the market. You can use this cleaner with a power washing method to spray on stains.
Q. Where do you buy concrete cleaner?
One can buy concrete cleaner with varying features, packaging, price, and uses from Amazon. Check out the type of cleaner before buying.
This concrete cleaner reviews will be beneficial in deciding the best cleaner for your home as per the size of and type of surface the stains have formed. It is also best to get a mold and mildew remover from Amazon for places that take in more moisture due to excessive water exposure. Before buying a concrete cleaner, be sure to pay attention to its uses and restrictions to save money and time. This is essential as few surfaces may not be compatible with the cleaner you choose. We are sure this guide is useful in your quest for a good and correct concrete cleaner choice.